Project Wonderful

Friday, January 21, 2011

New Wisconsin Voting Law

would require state issued ID.

Interestingly, I couldn't find a non-partisan article on the subject and I am (only slightly) torn myself.

On the one hand, I am kind of amazed how easy it is to register in certain states. I am currently registered in IA, MN, NY, MA and CO that I know of. Although I've only voted while I legitimately lived in these places, I am concerned about the implications of the possibility of concurrent registration and the like. So are these guys.

On the other hand, laws like these disproportionately impact students and other low income groups. I tend to think that this specific laws like these are actually aimed at disenfranchising those who are entitled to and, from my point of view, should be encouraged to vote. So does this guy.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment