Project Wonderful

Friday, July 22, 2011

Farmville for Campaign Nerds



Look what the facebook dragged in!

Of course I was intrigued! How can you not love a video that starts "I'm gonna show you how easy and fun it is to start and run your own Presidential campaign!" After messing around with the facebook app for a few minutes, I'm not sure I'm a fan. Here are my thoughts:

First off, why does he continuously pronounce it "vuh-tacracy" shouldn't it be "vote-ocracy"?

Moreover, they claim $99 is steal compared to what actual Presidential candidates pay, but you're still paying $99 dollars for a facebook app AND I'm pretty sure proportionate to net worth Mitt Romney would actually be making out better than me on the deal. Besides, there is nothing on the "what you get" page that I couldn't do on my own for less money if I were so inclined.

Also, users (and there are currently about 5,200 of them) seem pretty skewed one way. Consider this poll where 47% support Cut, Cap and Balance. I chose "hate it" which showed up as "ate it."

It does say "At the end of the voting process, a national, multi-media ad campaign will be created to enable Votocracy's national nominee to compete with confidence against the traditional parties." I wonder what that will look like. I'm anticipating it will either be really interesting or really inane, or potentially some weird hybrid of both.

So, thanks votocracy, but I don't need "a way to compete against [my] friends, family members, and colleagues, to see who's the best campaigner." I have that, it's called the last four years of my life.

What do you guys think? Is this awesome or lame?

No comments:

Post a Comment