Project Wonderful

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Say No To Patronizing Republicans



This "Say Yes To The Dress" style ad produced by the College Republican National Committee has my blood boiling again. I get that Republicans are trying to reach young female voters and in fact I think the Republican party would be better if more of its membership were young and female BUT ads like this only reinforce the reasons the Republican Party doesn't appeal to young women in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I love Say Yes to the Dress, but I don't want your pink legos of political advertising. Stop dumbing things down for me; stop assuming I can only understand politics through the lens of marriage and babies, and talk to me like the multidimensional, educated consumer of information that I am. If you can't do that then maybe the issue is with your policies, not my ability to understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment